I genuinely don't even know how to start this.
Because every time I think, okay, surely South Africa has reached the limit now, another story appears on my phone and I'm just sitting there like...
AGAIN?!
If you're reading this from outside South Africa, let me bring you into the madness for a second.
Since July, women have been found dead across Ekurhuleni, east of Johannesburg. Kempton Park. Olifantsfontein. Clayville. Rhodesfield. KwaThema. And now Dawn Park in Boksburg.
At the time I'm writing this, nine women have been found dead.
And the disturbing part is how some of these women were discovered.
The first body was found on 15 July in an open field near the R21 highway in Kempton Park. She was 37 years old, naked and restrained with cable ties. A man reportedly linked to her was arrested two days later.
Then came another woman in Kempton Park in August. She was 32-year-old Itumeleng Kekana. Her family spent 17 days and nights searching for her, praying that she would come home, before they were eventually called to identify her body.
Then September arrived.
On 7 September, a woman believed to be in her late twenties was found floating in a river in Clayville, Olifantsfontein, near Thembisa Mall. She was found without clothing apart from underwear.
Another unidentified woman's body was discovered in Olifantsfontein that same day.
On 10 September, another unidentified woman was found in Kempton Park. Her body was naked and already in an advanced state of decomposition.
Then came Elizabeth “Tsontso” Moselakgomo.
A 38-year-old mother.
A runner.
On 9 September, Elizabeth went out for her usual run and didn't come back. Her eight-year-old daughter was the one who raised the alarm when her mother failed to return. Her family searched, people shared her missing-person information, and then on 12 September her partially naked and bruised remains were found in Rhodesfield, Kempton Park. Her family identified her on 14 September.
I'm sorry, but imagine being that little girl.
Mommy went for a run.
Mommy didn't come home.
And then you find out Mommy is dead.
That is somebody's childhood memory now.
On 14 September, another woman was found in Olifantsfontein. A passer-by spotted the body and alerted authorities. She was partially naked and bruised, and police suspected she may have been killed elsewhere and dumped there.
Then on 15 September, Dineo Evelyn Motapane, 38, was found on the side of the road in KwaThema, Springs. She had last been seen alive on the Sunday. Her family identified her body at the Springs Mortuary the following day.
And then, because apparently nine wasn't enough...
TODAY.
17 September.
A ninth woman's body was found in Dawn Park, Boksburg.
She is believed to be around 30 years old. Police say she was found partially naked, wrapped in a sheet, and preliminary indications suggest that she may have been killed somewhere else before her body was dumped there.
NINE.
At this point, I don't even know what emotion I'm supposed to have.
Fear?
Anger?
Disgust?
Exhaustion?
Probably all of them fighting for first place.
And yes, I have my own suspicion about what is happening.
I personally suspect ritual killings or ritual sacrifice.
And with everything happening lately, I can't help but wonder: could these women be part of something much darker?
South Africa is heading towards the 4 November 2026 Local Government Elections, and suddenly I'm looking at these killings differently. Could some of these women have been used as sacrifices — blood being shed because, in someone's twisted belief system, something needs to be sacrificed for something else to work? Could it somehow be connected to power, politics, or whatever plans people behind the scenes might have?
I don't know.
But could it be?
Because the timing makes me question things. July. August. September. Women disappearing. Bodies being found. More cases appearing as we move closer to an election.
Maybe I'm connecting dots that have nothing to do with each other.
But still...
Could it be?
And spiritually? I feel like there this dark cloud over South Africa. I'm looking outside right now and the sun is shining. Birds are chirping. Trees are moving. People interacting. Somebody is buying amagwinya somewhere.
Life looks normal.
But spiritually? Something feels deeply wrong. And that's why I believe we need a lot of prayer warriors. True prayer warriors.
And then there's the SAPS response.
Some of these deaths started in July. Now we're in September and the number has climbed to nine. Police have now assembled a multidisciplinary team, deployed additional resources and increased patrols.
And I'm sitting here thinking:
NOW?
I'm not saying investigators were sitting around eating popcorn for two months. Obviously, we don't know everything happening behind the scenes.
But people have every right to ask why the urgency feels so much louder now.
And then, as if all of this wasn't enough, we hear about 10-year-old Octavia Swarts, a Grade 4 learner from Kraaifontein.
She went missing on Sunday.
Her family and community searched nearby orchards and surrounding farms late into the night. On Monday morning, her body was found in a farm dam. A 14-year-old boy was arrested in connection with her death, but the case was not enrolled and he was released into his parents' care while the docket was returned to police for further investigation.
And now I'm supposed to sit here calmly?
A TEN-YEAR-OLD CHILD.
What more are we supposed to hear before we finally say enough?
All I want is JUSTICE.
For every woman, child and man whose life was stolen. For the families still staring at an empty chair. And for those still missing, whose names haven't even reached the news.
I pray the blood that was shed does not rest quietly.
May it haunt whoever did this. May they lie awake knowing exactly what they have done. May whatever they gained from another person's death turn into nothing but chaos until they finally crack, and hand themselves over.
Because you can hide from the police.
You can hide from people.
BUT YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM GOD.
And to the souls who were taken from this world:
LET YOUR BLOOD SPEAK.
Let the truth come out.
Let justice find them.
BECAUSE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Disclaimer: Images used on this blog are for illustrative purposes only and remain the property of their respective owners. No copyright infringement is intended.
© 2026 The Dreamer’s Pause. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment